Monday 7 February 2011

Contrasts with Muscat 4 - # 30/2011


A small alleyway in Kalbuh.  Being English I am naturally overwhelmed and delighted by the play of the sunlight; it's what we see and like about the towns and sights in Italy and the Cote d'Azur, France. Kalbuh is a tiny little enclave close to Mutrah, the main harbour area of Muscat. It's a strange little spot - it's nothing but a few houses, but, for me at any rate, it has an overwhelming charm and quietness with a view to the sea. It's worth clicking on the photo to enlarge it and then just letting your eyes roam over some of the little details.

3 comments:

  1. Love looking at all the little bits and pieces in this photo - especially the bricks where the plaster has worn away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this too, then then I would, wouldn't I? Absolutely charming and a lovely photo that really captures this magic little area. The light, the light...

    ReplyDelete