Sunday 4 March 2007

Georgian realestate? No problem here, Sir! - # 36


I love reading the "How to Spend It" magazine supplement that comes with the Week-end edition of the Financial Times (this is a fine, first rate newspaper that I would recommend to anyone). "How to Spend It" keeps me up to date, and deeply amused. It's almost as good as reading a Marvel Comic when I was a kid in the 1950's. An article informs me that there is "Intense demand for Georgian homes" - houses built between 1700 and 1800. Those "demanding" them are "modern media types", like photographers, artists and architects, who want large, light, well-proportioned rooms and flexible space.
Well, for those of you who are baffled and questioning, here are no less than three Georgian homes in a single block. They probably date from before 1748, so they are "the Real Thing!". Each one of these three front doors will probably cost you at least £1.5 million (GBP £ not that USA $) if not even £2.5 depending on what's behind that front door. I'm afraid that is one of the down-sides of looking for a home in Richmond upon Thames - unless of course you are a "modern media type" as the comic says. They are indeed superb houses.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you talk big now - not that USA $ - but when you get taken over by the euro, don't come crying to us ;-)

    Re: yesterday's post. Having ties to Poland, I'd like to know how the Brits really feel about the Polish invasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britain extends a very warm welcome to Poles, Izzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, dear!!
    So, can I stand in front it and enjoy seeing this "real thing"??
    :))
    REAL THING!

    jing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. I'll take three of them.

    ReplyDelete