Friday 5 October 2007

Natural break - # 251

Moving away from illusions and back to the real, (and suffering a mild crisis in the photo archive), here is another of my "bar fly" shots. I chose this because I liked the apparent energy and enthusiasm for the job shown by the bar maid (or does one call them "beverage service associates" these days?). Perhaps I shall have to introduce a "weekly bar fly photo", but that might be too stressful for my regular companion.

I had hoped to feature the refurbishment and transformation into cool 21st century minimalist elegance of my local watering hole, but the photos were not good enough. I must try again.



6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed a most pleasant afternoon on the Green last Sunday and a pint (or 2) at the Cricketers or similar

    ReplyDelete
  2. You caught the pose and the expression spot on, and with the composition and lighting to focus on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lighting and atmosphere - cool shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and white really gives this shot drama and polish...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot in black & white. Don't think it would have worked so well in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Gail's man, black and white is perfect for this photo. Great job!

    ReplyDelete