Saturday 27 October 2007

"Rounding off" a pleasant evening - # 274

Another in the Richmond upon Thames Daily Photo "Bar Fly" series.

For those not familiar with English the expression "rounding off" refers to "completing a job rather well". But here, I'm making a small reference to the pleasantly rounded shape of the canopy over the bar at the Sun Inn. So, it all hangs together nicely, and I can wish you all a Happy Weekend!

P.S. to those who enjoyed yesterday's story about the 70 barge horses: tomorrow, I will show a photo of the stables and the lane down to the river.

9 comments:

  1. I thought the smoking ban was in effect....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your black and white photos! Very special, nostalgic atmosphere.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a terrific photo, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es kann selbst sprachen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear the pub scenes in England are much more lively than in the US.

    So what do you guys do aside from drinking beer at the pub? Seriously!?!?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to tomorrows pic...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this photo - I can smell the hops from here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this photo so much also because reminds me to your pub, your beer and that unique athmosphere.

    ReplyDelete