Wednesday 25 April 2007

The generations - # 88


It's a quick snap-shot of a moment in time. I passed on my bike, saw the scene and snapped. No time to look for the clever angles, the "grovel on the ground", the "great diagonal". I don't know if these are young mothers or nurse maids with their charges. The heavily loaded buggies put me a little in mind of a military scene, and no doubt the boys will go through their stage of wanting to be soldiers and the little girls will want to be nurses. Like all children they love to watch the horses. What is it about little girls wanting horses? Is it a kind of control freakery? Look at me, slip of a thing, in control of this throbbing surging monster? I had a happy thought, quietly to myself, when I saw and snapped. It's a warm domestic scene. Who would know that the Monster Mega-Metropolis "London" is so close? Will this moment be burned on the mind of a child and remembered for the rest of his life?

6 comments:

  1. Wow.roon, I thought these were golfers and was stunned that they are moms out for a stroll with strollers (as we call them). Neat color you applied.

    Abraham Lincoln

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Abraham. I thought of golfers as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I would not doubt it - I remember my first pony ride at the age of 4 or 5. I guess having the snapshot of that ocasion, keeps the memory sharp...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warm , touching photograph and moment
    for them in the picture and as we can understand about your post, a warm moment also for the photographer :)
    Thank you for your visit on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great picture...and I love the black & white effect...could almost have been taken sometime ago. Thanks for visiting Toruń DP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought they were sculptures in the portal! Lovely idea to take the generation gap here - i'm sure they'd have wanted copies if you'd asked them.

    ReplyDelete