Thursday 5 April 2007

A walk around Richmond Park 3 - # 68


We have climbed to the top of the ridge a moved north, half way along it towards Richmond. Whatever the weather, the view is spectacular and dramatic. You can see west and southwest "to the ends of the earth". Here we can see the chalk hills of the South Downs looking southwest towards the "Dorking Gap" - a strategic gap in the hills that is the site of the town of Dorking. I chose this dark, cloudy scene, taken on a cold, windy day to give you something less sweet and mild!. I was glad to get home afterwards!

3 comments:

  1. Brrrr, looks chilly - I hope you had a nice warm cup of tea when you got home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you don't want to shock us with anything "sweet and mild" ;-)

    I did not realize how close you are to London. Visit often?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are able to capture some great landscapes with your camera. I like these last two especially.

    Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.

    Brookville Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete