Saturday 7 April 2007

A walk around Richmond Park 5 - # 70


Pen Ponds are in the centre of the Park, and naturally fed by spring water. I could not resist showing two photos, both taken on the same day. I wanted to show how the sun and sky play on the pond and give magnificent natural effects. Brookville DP http://brookvilledailyphoto.blogspot.com/ and St. Margarets at Cliffe DP http://stmargaretsphotodiary.blogspot.com/ will appeciate the birds, but I cannot rise to their level of skill capturing them for you.

7 comments:

  1. What a peaceful place...

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like much the landscapes. "Sweet"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure I've ever seen so many birds in one pond. I like the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. close ups of birds are always fascinating but a wider angle capturing the moment is equally amazing..Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the soft texture of the photographs. It's very calming and relaxing. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your visit, I always enjoy the ponds in parks, especially with some food for the ducks and at least one of my grandsons with me. I hope you enjoyed the boat race today, I don't know if you're a light or dark blue, or have no preference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both really lovely shots - I can feel a real sense of tranquillity when I look at them. And guess what? We're going to OUR neighbourhood duckpond on Monday for a family picnic; so I'll give you a glimpse of it then. :)

    ReplyDelete