Monday 9 April 2007

A walk around Richmond Park 7 - # 72

The Park is home to red deer and fallow deer. Here we see fallow deer grazing on the lower meadow land on the north side near Roehampton Gate. Look carefully at the centre of the herd and you will see an all white albino. I was surprised.

This lower, flat area is loved by model plane enthusiasts and a special flying site has been provided. I crashed my radio controlled glider here. I tried to dump speed when landing. I tried a controlled stall, but over-corrected the recovery, and learned a nasty lesson......no more nice model glider!!

7 comments:

  1. "Are we nearly there yet, Dad?". I don't know about you Chuckeroon, but I'm beginning to think about those nice pubs in Richmond. (NB I replied to your comment about JWvG on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harumph! OK, R, I get the msge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics of Richmond Park never cease to amaze me. It's great to see some of the last remaining spots of greenery in the over populated country that is England. I look forward to seeing many more. Thanks for popping by again at Toruń Daily Photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @cuckeroon - well I didn't reeeelly mean it ;). I'm now sat in front of a nice pint in a Zurich pub (with free wireless access) so I'm a happy kiddie now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah brings back memories. I used to pack all our bikes (three little boys and mine) into our Toyota Previa and drive here and cycle and picnic. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never saw a albino deer before. Surprised it has made it this long in the wild.
    My dad is in to "RC" helicopters. Not me way to expensive with mishaps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Chuck I just saw your message that the "deer are up"! Great shot. Thanks. Sorry to have put you through the stress but it was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete