Sunday 30 May 2010

Sitting comfortably - # 22/10


I get so many kind comments on this blog that I feel bad about "disappearing".  Believe me, I don't enjoy "disappearing", but that's how it has to be for now.


Anyway, here's a nice bench to rest on.  I'm not managing to take photos, but I certainly am not resting!  The bench can be seen in the "Eastern Avenue", one of the long formal approaches to Ham House, starting at the Fox and Duck inn (where else?).


By the way: my right arm now lifts, with difficulty, to about 90-92 degrees of the desired 180 degrees, and the legs are getting stronger.  The walking stick is still necessary.  It's going to need several more months of work!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for popping in, Stuart. It sounds like a tough road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I"ll just have a seat right here, thank you. Sounds like you could use a little rest as well. Sit down and we'll have a chat and maybe sneak down to the Fox and Duck?? :) I can't wait till the Barfly is back in action! Take good care.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!
    So happy you are outdoors again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy to note that you are making steady progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's obvious that you need a lot of courage and patience! I bet you have both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just lovely. There's something about a bench amongst trees that just calls us to sit in it and relax, ponder, sort the world out. Well hopefully it won't be too long before you can do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely bench. Thanks for the update on your progress. All the best for continued improvement.

    ReplyDelete