Tuesday 26 February 2013

The photoshoot - it's an illusion


Can't remember whether or not I've shown this before. It sums up for me the illusory nature of photography - the glamour isn't glamourous, it's hard work, it needs a lot of work after the event and it's always selective, and often things are not what they seem.

I used this image as a "key stone" within 10 images in a recent exhibit.

....and by the way; thanks to those who have kindly left some remarks on the recent posts. These are greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I've seen this one before.
    What were the others in the series like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuart this is an outstanding photo. I like a lot.
    So much more interesting and creative than the perfect final product you're likely to see in women's magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stuart! Hope you are having a great holiday season! Sorry for the absence, but work and concerns are keeping me away from Blogtrotter... Anyhow, enjoy my latest post at Tobago, and have a great season!
    Wish you all the best for 2014, hopefully better than 2013!

    ReplyDelete