Tuesday 28 September 2010

A dog's life - # 71/10


The Great River Race last Saturday offered many amusing scenes. The kayak was not a numbered competitor, but accompanied the race with the Yorkshire Terrier nicely tucked into the basket.  In the background is a modern racing version of the Pacific Island outrigger canoe.

The interaction between man and animals has always fascinated me.  It seems that we all love to keep domestic pets and they love to be with us. My only complaint today is that I wish the badgers did not love to be in my garden, playing their annual seasonal game of "who can dig the biggest pit to undermine the fence posts."  They dig under my fence to get into the neighbour's garden where they dig up his lawn. I'm lucky that my lawn is so poor that it lacks juicy grubs which the badgers are hunting for. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stuart! I see you have been having fun seeing the other exercising... ;) Great job!! ;)

    Blogtrotter Two is almost leaving Costa Smeralda. But still has some new pictures for you to enjoy!!! Drop a line and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs and boats seem to go together. This little one is obviously a happy camper. The Monaco Yacht Show was full of 'em!

    Sorry about the badgers.

    ReplyDelete