Thursday 16 October 2008

The Glamour Shoot - # 08/245

Some people just turn their back on all this.

(I like the way the girl's face came out with just a hint of the eyes and mouth, and I like the prominence of the black camera. For the rest I like the way the tones develop - bottom left the equipment and the cupboard and ceiling at top right. The forward lunge of the massive photographer as opposed to the backward tilt of the model is interesting and this action is set against the total indifference of the assistant at the lap top busy processing while it all goes on.)


Camera: Olympus C7070 wz

7 comments:

  1. Glamour photography is of no interest to me but I very much like your picture which of course strips away the glamour to reveal the fact that it's a job for all involved. The body language of all 3 people says a lot. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you tell us all about your photos. I learn a lot from your explanations. Yep it 's job, but somebody has to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Virginia, it's fascinating to learn to see a photo through the photographer's eyes. Some of the details you mentioned I had noticed, so others not.

    Fun shot!!! How come you were there? Ah, you're the model's boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can be attracted by many things in this world... photo technique, nice girls...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. L'éclairage étit difficile : il n'était pas disposé pour toi...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating. The three people seen together tell such an interesting story - or rather you do. I too would like to know what this shoot was for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny...I noticed the assistant almost first. I'm embarrassed to admit the first thing I noticed was the photographer's rear - his pants need to be hitched up a tad. Anyway, the next thing I noticed was the seemingly indifferent assistant. I enjoyed your commentary on the composition of the shot.

    ReplyDelete